THE FUTURE ROLE OF NIGHT TRAINS
The Back-on-Track network of passengers using night trains had called a half-day conference on Tuesday January 30th in the European Parliament. The event was co-hosted by Lucy Anderson MEP and Jakop Dalunde MEP.
Picture from the entrance area, where we gathered before the meeting, other pictures here
Our aim was to consider the contribution which night trains can make towards providing an environmentally friendly alternative; to look at positive developments and what can be done by political and industry decision-makers to promote overnight services, as part of a Europe-wide network of international trains.
>> NIGHT TRAINS – 8 POINTS OF CONCLUSIONS FROM THE MEETING (several languages)
PROGRAMME WAS (and look for the presentations)
Welcome and introduction by Lucy Anderson MEP
- Introduction to Back-on-Track – Poul Kattler (Co-ordinator)
- Presentation by Kurt Bauer, ÖBB
- Presentation by Dr Libor Lochman, CER
- Presentation by Marcin Wojcik , DGMOVE
Q&A and discussion on future action chaired by Jakop Dalunde MEP
- Short speech of MEP Jens Rohde, and by Sven Gossel, Chief Project Lead – Trans Metropolitan Railway Lines
- Short reports from activists in different countries