Night trains in France
Many have asked for an update, here it is.
– a daily two-branch train links Paris Austerlitz to Briançon (southern Alps) and Nice.
The branch to Nice is supposed to be cut down at the service change of december 2017.
The branch to Briançon will be affected by maintenance works next Fall, and will therefore be sometimes shortened, sometimes cancelled.
– a daily three-branch train links Paris Austerlitz and Les Aubrais (nearby Orléans) to Rodez / Toulouse / Latour-de-Carol-Enveitg
The branch to Toulouse goes further to Port-bou in Spain on weekends and vacations, at least for the coming two years.
This three-branch train will be affected by maintenance works in Limoges from September 2017, and up to now, they are not bookable and no one knows whether they will be cancelled or rerouted, maybe through Bordeaux or Périgueux.
– a daily train operated by Thello from Paris Gare de Lyon and Dijon to Milan, Brescia, Verona, Vicenza, Padua, Mestre and Venice.
This train will be affected by maintenance works in September and will leave Paris around 4pm on certain dates, and will only be bookable after August 10th.
– a weekly train from Paris to Berlin, Warsaw, Minsk and Moscow operated by RZD.
– a weekly train from Nice to Moscow operated by RZD.
– a daily train operated by Renfe from Hendaye to Lisbon (return goes from Lisbon to Irun).